1. The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2023. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development programme. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
2. Various Government of Somaliland (GoSL) line Ministries and Agencies are in the process of developing project proposals for funding under SDF2. All projects to be funded under SDF2 are expected to adhere to the principles of Environmental and Social Impact Assessment. The SDF Secretariat, on behalf of the GoSL and SDF2 donors, seeks to engage a Consulting Firm to provide Environmental and Social Impact Assessment Services for a period of two years (2019 to 2021) commencing from contract signature on a Framework Agreement modality.
3. The overall objective of the proposed assignment is to help SDF2-funded projects to use environmentally friendly and low carbon technologies by identifying, predicting and assessing likely environmental, social and climate change consequences of a proposed development project to ascertain the means through which to avoid, minimize, mitigate, compensate/offset and/or monitor adverse impacts, and increase development benefits whilst placing Somaliland on a sustainable low carbon path.
4. The SDF Secretariat now requests proposals for Environmental and Social Impact Assessment Services (hereinafter called “Services”). Full details on the Services are provided in the Terms of Reference (Section 7 in RFP). Interested firms can request in writing the Request for Proposals (RFP) and clarifications from the SDF Secretariat through the contact details indicated in number 8 below.
5. The Consulting Firm shall be selected under Consultant’s Qualifications Based Selection (CQS) procedure upon submission of a Simplified Technical Proposal (STP) described in this RFP and in accordance with the SDF Procurement Manual March 2019 found on the website: www.somalilanddevelopmentfund.org
6. The RFP includes the following documents:
Section 1 – Request for Proposal Letter
Section 2 – Instructions to Consultants and Data Sheet
Section 3 – Technical Proposal – Standard Forms
Section 4 – Financial Proposal – Standard Forms
Section 5 – Eligible Countries
Section 6 – Fraud and Corruption
Section 7 – Terms of Reference
Section 8 – Time-Based Form of Contract
7. Completed Proposals must be delivered in a written form to the address indicated in number 8 below by 12 May 2019 at 11.00 a.m. East African Standard Time. Electronic submissions will be rejected.
Any attempt by individuals, institutions, companies and service providers to influence the outcome of the selection process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this service provision.
8. Address and contact details:
Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat Office
Attn: Procurement Manager
Masala Area, Hargeisa, Somaliland
Telephone: + 252 633 501 394