P101-030 - Invitation for Applications for Senior Roads and Bridges Expert
Project Holder:Ministry of Transportation and Road Development
Project:Burao-Sheikh-Berbera Road Rehabilitation
Fund:Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2
IFA Title:Senior Roads and Bridges Expert
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018 – 2023. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development programme. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The Ministry of Transport and Roads Devepment (MoTRD) has developed a Project Concept Note for a project on Rehabilitation of 82 km of Burao - Sheikh – Berbera road section that connects the Somaliland cities of Burao, Sheikh and Berbera including 7 bridges along the road section. This concept note has been approved by the SDF2 Joint Steering Committee (JSC).
The SDF Secretariat is therefore seeking the services of a Senior Roads and Bridges Expert to support the MoTRD and the RDA in conducting necessary preliminary consultations, assessments and development of a full project proposal as per the SDF approved proposal format.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
* Master Degree in Civil Engineering specialised in Road and or Bridges Engineering;
* Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English; and
* Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills .
* Extensive previous experience (minimum 12 years) in implementing roads rehabilitation projects;
* Registered with a recognised Engineering body;
* Proven understanding of Project Cycle Management (PCM), Logical Framework Approach (LFA);
* Demonstrated experience in conducting feasibility appraisal and design of road rehabilitation projects; and
* Demonstrated understanding of the contribution of roads to economic development.
* At least 8 years’ experience in designing, formulation and supervising/managing projects related to urban water development in fragile and conflict affected country(s);
* Designed and wrote at least one project proposal for road rehabilitation in the last three years; and
* Conducted at least one feasibility or prefeasibility study for road rehabilitation project in the last one year.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their applications (cover letter and CV) to the Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat through e-mail
Full Terms of Reference can be downloaded here.
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland and International Candidates.
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.