1. The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2023. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development programme. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The objectives of the SDF2 are threefold:
- Support increased inclusive economic growth through investment in productive, strategic infrastructure to enhance economic growth and revenue generation.
- Strengthen and maintain the capabilities of the government of Somaliland to prioritise and manage the sustainable and equitable development of Somaliland’s infrastructure.
- Support strong government ownership of development priorities aligned with the National Development Plan.
2. The Somaliland Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries Development (MoLFD) has been allocated funds from the SDF2 for construction of a new Marine Jetty, to replace an old and dilapidated one in Maydh on the Sanaag coast of Somaliland.
3. The SDF Secretariat, on behalf of the Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries Development seeks to engage a Consulting Firm to provide supervision of Maydh Jetty Construction for a period of 12 months. The commencement date will be aligned with the implementation of Maydh Jetty Construction expected to start around October 2019.
The overall objective of this notice is to find a suitably qualified Consultant Firm to provide Consultancy Services as Resident Engineer for the supervision of the proposed construction of a Steel Jetty with concrete piles at Maydh. The scope of the consultancy is to provide technical and financial supervision to ensure that works are carried out in accordance with the contract and to the satisfaction of the Client. The consultant shall provide a full-time representative on site who shall be nominated as the Resident Engineer representing the Firm, an Environmental and Health and Safety Supervisor and a Marine Structural Engineer on a part-time basis.
4. The SDF Secretariat now invites eligible consulting firms ("Consultants") to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
- Evidence showing that the firm is a legal entity (certificate of registration).
- Evidence showing the fields of specialty of the firm (consultant's profile/brochures).
- General Experience of the Firm(s) in Consulting Services relating to Supervision of construction of marine infrastructure such as jetties, ports etc. during the last 6 years.
- Experience of working in a similar geographical region.
- Availability of Professional Key Staff with Suitable Qualifications in the field of assignment.
- Evidence of registration with relevant authorities and professional bodies.
- Evidence showing the technical and managerial capabilities of the firm in the field of assignment.
- Brief description (not more than 2 pages) of the proposed Methodology of carrying out the scope of the work.
5. The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to SDF Procurement Manual 2019 Section on Selection methods for Consulting Services. The SDF procurement manual can be accessed here
6. Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture to enhance their qualifications.
7. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Consultant Qualification Selection (CQS) method set out in the Procurement Manual 2019.
8. Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address indicated below (in person, by mail or by email by 12 September 2019 by 11.00 am East African Standard Time.
Any attempt by individuals, institutions, companies and service providers to influence the outcome of the selection process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this service provision.
9. Address and contact details mentioned in No. 8 above are as follows:
Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat Office
Attn: Procurement Manager
Masala Area, Hargeisa, Somaliland
Telephone: + 252 633 501 394