P101-040 Invitation for Applications for Site Engineer Borama Water Supply System Construction
Project Holder:Ministry of Water Development
Project:Water Resources Development - Construction of Borama Water Supply System
Fund:Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2
IFA Title:Site Engineer - Borama Water Supply System
Location:Borama - with travel to Hargeisa for project meetings
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018 – 2023. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development programme. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
As part of SDF2 projects, the Ministry of Water Development has been allocated funds for Borama Water Supply System Construction. The project intends to use a part of the funding to engage the services of a Site Engineer for a period of 12 months.
The Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat, on behalf of the MoWD, now invites applications from qualified professionals for this position.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
* A Bachelors’ degree in Civil Engineering or Water Engineering;
* Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English; and
* Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
* Experience with donor funded water supply projects within Somaliland; and
* Proficiency in use basic computer software such as MS Access, Excel, Word, Power point, AutoCAD, and water modelling software such as EPANET.
* A minimum of 3 years of experience as Site Engineer in one or more large or rural water supply projects of similar size and complexity;
* At least 3 years of demonstrable experience in contract management and dealing with contractors/IPs; and
* Must be able to prepare and modify drawings in AutoCAD.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their applications (cover letter and CV) to the Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat through e-mail
Full Terms of Reference can be found here.
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland Nationals only.
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.