P101-045 Invitation for Applications for Electromechanical Engineer Borama Water Supply Project
Project Holder:Ministry of Water Resources Development
Project:Expansion of Borama urban water supply system
Fund:Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2
IFA Title:Electromechnical Engineer - Borama water supply project
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018 – 2023. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development programme. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
As part of SDF2 projects, the Ministry of Water Resources Development has been allocated funds for Borama Water Supply System Construction. The project intends to use a part of the funding to engage the services of an Electromechanical Engineer for a period of 42 days (in 1 year).
The SDF Secretariat, on behalf of MoWRD, now invites applications from qualified professionals for this position.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- B. Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering;
- Experience of electrical works of water supply systems;
- Should be registered with the professional bodies in the home country;
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English; and
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in design of Electrical/Electromechanical works;
- Experience working within East and Horn of Africa;
- Proficiency in use basic computer software such as MS Access, Excel, Word, Power point, AutoCAD, and electrical modelling software.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in design of water supply electromechanical works;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in supervision of water supply electromechanical works;
- Have designed at least 3 SCADA systems for a rural and or urban water supply systems;
- Registered with a recognised Engineering body; and
- Proficiency in use of AutoCAD and electrical modelling software.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their applications (cover letter and CV) to the Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat through e-mail
Full Terms of Reference can be found here.
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland and International Candidates.
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.