P101-059 Invitation for Applications for SDF2 Communication Specialist
Project Holder:Ministry of Planning and National Development
Project:JSC - Communication Strategy Implementation
Fund:Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2
IFA Title:SDF2 Communication Specialist
Reporting to:Minister of Planning and National Development and SDF2 Fund Manager
Duration:12 months renewable contract based on performance
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period September 2018-March 2024. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development programme. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The SDF has allocated funds for implementation of the SDF2 Communication Strategy, which is expected to be led by a Communication Specialist based at the Ministry of Planning and at the SDF Secretariat offices. Applications are therefore invited from qualified candidates to apply for the position of Communication Specialist.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- A minimum of a Master’s degree or equivalent in communications, journalism, public relations, social sciences, international relations;
- At least 7 years’ experience in working in mass media, development communication journalism and multimedia production in at national and international level;
- Minimum 4 years of experience in dealing with communications in/ for the public-sector institution or non-profit organisation or large donor funded programme;
- Proven ability to develop approaches and materials for diverse target audiences, including messaging on culturally sensitive issues;
- Experience in drafting newsletters, managing of information for websites, and/ or drafting annual reports in the English language;
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines in a multicultural environment, including the ability to integrate feedback of team members and stakeholders;
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English; and
- Proven facilitation, analytical and report writing skills.
Interested candidates should send their applications (cover letter and CV) to the Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat through e-mail
Detailed Terms of Reference can be found here.
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This consultancy is open to Somaliland nationals only.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.