P101-064 Invitation for Applications for Agricultural Seed Law Expert
Project Holder:Ministry of Agriculture Development
Project:Sustainable Land Management Project
Fund:Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2
IFA Title:Agricultural Seed Law Expert
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2024. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development programme. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The SDF has allocated funds to the Ministry of Agriculture Development (MoAD) for implementation of the Sustainable Land Management Project. As a part of this project, MoAD would like to spend some of these funds for engaging the services of an Agricultural Seed Law Expert to Review and Finalize the Agricultural Seed Law document. The SDF Secretariat is inviting qualified Experts to apply for the position.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
Qualifications and skills
- At least a Master’s degree, preferably in Agriculture field.
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Excellent facilitation and report writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
General professional experience
- At least 12 years of experience in working in the dryland agricultural sector in East and Horn of Africa.
- At least 8 years of experience in working in the agricultural sector at policy or advisory level.
Specific professional experience
- At least 6 years of experience with national agricultural laws, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Proven experience in leading review, updating or development and drafting of at least one seed law or policy document in the last 5 years.
As part of the selection process, candidates will be requested to provide examples of verifiable project reports from their most recent or relevant assignments. Links to reports which are available online can be provided as a part of the application.
Interested candidates should send their applications (cover letter and CV) to the Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat through e-mail
Detailed Terms of Reference can be found here.
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This consultancy is open to Somaliland and International candidates.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.