P101-066 Invitation for Applications for Water Distribution System Design Engineer / Team Leader
|Project Holder||Hargeisa Water Agency|
|Project||Increasing Water Production from Lasdhure Aquifer and Connecting to Existing System at New Geed Deeble Pumping Station|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2|
|IFA Title||Water Distribution System Design Engineer / Team Leader|
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2024. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development programme. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The SDF has allocated funds to Hargeisa Water Agency for implementation of the Increasing Water Production from Lasdhure Aquifer and Connecting to Existing System at New Geed Deeble Pumping Station Project. As part of this project, HWA would like to engage the services of a Water Distribution System Design Engineer / Team Leader to lead in the detailed design of water abstraction and transmission system from Lasdhure aquifer to NGDPS.
The SDF Secretariat is inviting qualified Experts to apply for the position.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Qualifications and skills
- At least a Master’s degree in Water Supply Engineering, Civil Engineering (with Water Specialisation) or any other relevant water related field.
- Registered professional engineer with a recognised engineering body.
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English.
General professional experience
- Minimum of 12 years' experience working in senior level in water supply sector projects in Sub Saharan Africa.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in planning, design, implementation/construction of urban water supply systems.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in East and Horn of Africa.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience with design of construction of water supply systems using multiple boreholes as a water source which decant into a single collector system.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in use of water transmission/distribution modelling software such as EPANET, WaterCAD, Water GEMS, AutoCAD etc.
- Must have executed at least 3 similar assignments in the last 5 years.
How to apply
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland and International candidates.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.