P101-070 Request for Expressions of Interest for Assessment of Ground Water Sources for Hargeisa City
|Project Holder||Hargeisa Water Agency|
|Project||Increasing Water Production from Lasdhure Aquifer and Connecting to Existing System at New Geed Deeble Pumping Station|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2|
|RFP Title||Assessment of Ground Water Sources and Possibility Surface Water Sources for Hargeisa City|
1. The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2024. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development programme. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s ambitions are fully aligned with the NDP2 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
2. The SDF has allocated funds to the Hargeisa Water Agency (HWA) for the implementation of Increasing Water Production from Laasdhure Aquifer and connecting to existing system at New Geed Deeble Pumping Station Project activities. One of the activities under the project is “Assessment of Ground Water Sources Potential and Possibility of Surface Water Sources for Hargeisa City”.
3. The overall objective of this assessment is provide a long-term planning horizon to the Hargeisa city water supply by exploring potentiality of the existing well fields (aquifers) and proposed new ones to understand how long they can be able to sustain the city water supply needs given the growing population, rapid urbanisation, and changing settlement patterns. The study will study existing and potential water sources (ground and surface), that can supply the city and estimate investment needs for the bulk water supply as identified. The study will provide data to HWA for making a sound investment strategy for its future water supply expansion plans.
4. The SDF Secretariat now invites eligible Consulting Firms to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested Consultant Firms should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
- Demonstrate that they are registered entity
- Demonstrate that they are Tax Compliant in the country of registration/domicile
- Demonstrate that they have minimum 10 years’ experience offering similar services.
- Demonstrate that they have conducted at least three similar assignments in the East and Horn of Africa region.
- Ability to provide the minimum required qualified team of senior consultants
5. The attention of interested Consultant Firms is drawn to SDF Procurement Manual 2019 Section on Selection methods for Consulting Services. The SDF procurement manual can be accessed at Resources (somalilanddevelopmentfund.org)
6. Consultant Firms may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture to enhance their qualifications.
7. A Consultant Firm will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method as set out in the SDF Procurement Manual 2019.
Expressions of interest must be delivered by email to the email address indicated below on or before 23 December 2020 by 11.00 am East African Standard Time.
Any attempt by individuals, institutions, companies and service providers to influence the outcome of the selection process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this service provision.
8. The address and contact details are as follows:
Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat Office
Attn: Procurement Manager
Masala Area, Hargeisa, Somaliland
Telephone: + 252 633 501 394