P101-072 Invitation for Applications for Long Term Technical Advisor MoLFD - readvertisement
|Project Holder||Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries Development (MoLFD)|
|Project||Strengthening Animal Production and Health Services Project|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2|
|IFA Title||Long-Term Technical Advisor|
|Duration||12 months renewable contract based on performance|
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2024. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development program. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The SDF has allocated funds to the Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries Development (MoLFD) for the implementation of the Strengthening Animal Production and Health Services Project in Togdheer and Sanaag Regions. As a part of this project, MoLFD would like to engage the services of a Long-Term Technical Advisor. The SDF Secretariat is therefore inviting qualified Experts to apply for the position.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field related to Livestock Development/Production, Veterinary Sciences and Range Management.
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Proven facilitation, analytical and report writing skills.
General professional experience
- Minimum 9 years of experience working at senior level (Project Manager or Advisor) in livestock sector related projects.
- Minimum 7 years of experience with donor-funded projects.
- Demonstrated understanding of the contribution of the livestock sub-sector to economic development.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively within a cross-functional team, fast-paced, and deadline-driven environment and proven capacity to supervise, train and coach teams.
- Proven understanding of and experience with conflict sensitivity, environmental impact, and gender equity and social inclusion programming.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum 7 years of experience in the management and supervisory role in the implementation of livestock development projects.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in establishing or running a ‘Center of Excellence’ or equivalent for animal production or fodder production.
- Minimum o2 years of experience in establishing or running large-scale fodder production at community level.
- Experience in community organization and mobilization in a pastoralist setting.
As part of the selection process, TA candidates will be requested to provide examples of verifiable project reports from their most recent or relevant assignments. Links to reports which are available online can be provided as a part of the application.
How to apply
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland and International Candidates.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.