P101-079 Invitation for Applications for National GIS Expert
|Project Holder||Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries Development (MoLFD)|
|Project||Strengthening Animal Production and Health Services Project|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2|
|IFA Title||National GIS Expert|
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2024. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development program. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The SDF has allocated funds to the Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries Development (MoLFD) for the implementation of the Strengthening Animal Production and Health Services Project in Togdheer and Sanaag Regions. As a part of this project, MoLFD would like to engage the services of a National GIS Expert to be part of a baseline study team. The SDF Secretariat is therefore inviting qualified Experts to apply for the position.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Qualifications and skills
- Minimum a Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Computer Science, Survey and Remote Sensing from a recognized university.
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English and Somali.
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
General professional experience
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience in a reputed organization as a GIS practitioner.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in the operation of GIS equipment, e.g. computer hardware, plotter/printer, GPS.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in:
- undertaking GIS based modelling for the preparation of maps and mapping of activities.
- in digital image processing and classification.
- use of Google Earth API/tools and GIS Web-services.
- Use of integrated GIS/RS/GPS principles, systems, and technologies using relevant programming tools.
As part of the selection process, candidates will be requested to provide examples of verifiable project reports from their most recent or relevant assignments. Links to reports which are available online can be provided as a part of the application.
How to apply
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland Candidates only.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.