P101-084 Invitation for Applications for Geotechnical Engineer
|Project Holder||Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries Development (MoLFD)|
|Project||Strengthening Animal Production and Health Services Project|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2|
|IFA Title||Geotechnical Engineer - Ilaan Dam Design|
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2024. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development program. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The SDF has allocated funds to the Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries Development (MoLFD) for the implementation of the Strengthening Animal Production and Health Services Project in Togdheer and Sanaag Regions. One of the key activities under this project is the construction of Ilaan Dam, Sanaag Region. As a part of this project, MoLFD would like to engage the services of a Geotechnical Engineer to work under the Dam Design Engineer in designing Ilaan Dam. The SDF Secretariat is therefore inviting qualified Experts to apply for the position.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor's degree in Geotechnical Engineering or Civil Engineering.
- Must be registered with a recognized professional body in the home country.
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English.
General professional experience
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in conducting geotechnical investigations for large and complex projects similar in scale to Ilaan dam project.
- Experience working within East and Horn of Africa.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum of 7 years conducting geotechnical investigations for water projects.
- Must have carried out at least two similar (geotechnical investigations for water supply dams) assignments in the last 5 years.
- Must be familiar with the use of computer-aided applications such as AutoCAD.
As part of the selection process, candidates will be requested to provide examples of verifiable project reports from their most recent or relevant assignments. Links to reports which are available online can be provided as a part of the application.
How to apply
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland and International Candidates.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.