P101-085 Invitation for Applications for Topographical Surveyor
|Project Holder||Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries Development (MoLFD)|
|Project||Strengthening Animal Production and Health Services Project|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2|
|IFA Title||Topographical Surveyor - Ilaan Dam Design|
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2024. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development program. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The SDF has allocated funds to the Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries Development (MoLFD) for the implementation of the Strengthening Animal Production and Health Services Project in Togdheer and Sanaag Regions. One of the key activities under this project is the construction of Ilaan Dam, Sanaag Region. As a part of this project, MoLFD would like to engage the services of a Topographical Surveyor to work under the Dam Design Engineer in designing Ilaan Dam. The SDF Secretariat is therefore inviting qualified Experts to apply for the position.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Qualifications and skills
- At least a Bachelor's degree in Surveying.
- Registered with the relevant surveying body.
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English.
General professional experience
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in land survey.
- Experience working within East and Horn of Africa.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in land survey for water projects.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in use of computer aided surveying software and AutoCAD and equipment such as Total Station and processing of survey data into reports.
- Must have carried out at least two similar assignments in the last 5 years.
As part of the selection process, candidates will be requested to provide examples of verifiable project reports from their most recent or relevant assignments. Links to reports which are available online can be provided as a part of the application.
How to apply
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland and International Candidates.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.