P101-087 Invitation for Applications for Road and Drainage Engineer
|Project Holder||Ministry of Agriculture Development (MoAD)|
|Project||Sustainable Land Management Project|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2|
|IFA Title||Road and Drainage Engineer - Borama-Heego Access Road Design|
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2024. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development program. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The SDF has allocated funds to the Ministry of Agriculture Development (MoAD) for the implementation of the Sustainable Land Management Project in Awdal and Maroodijeh Regions. One of the key activities under this project is the construction of Borama-Heego rural access road in Awdal region. MoAD would therefore like to engage the services of a Road and Drainage Engineer to lead the process of conducting the feasibility assessment and designing of Borama-Heego rural access road in Awdal Region. The SDF Secretariat is therefore inviting qualified Consultants to apply for the position.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Qualifications and skills
- Minimum of Master’s in civil engineering with specialisation in Roads/Highway Engineering.
- Registered professional engineer with a recognized engineering body.
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English.
General professional experience
- Minimum of 10 years' experience working in the design, implementation construction, supervision, and planning of road works in Sub Saharan Africa and/or East Africa.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in conducting feasibility appraisal and/or design of rural access roads.
- Must have executed at least 2 similar assignments in the last 5 years.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in use of AutoCAD and other road design software.
As part of the selection process, candidates will be requested to provide examples of verifiable project reports from their most recent or relevant assignments. Links to reports which are available online can be provided as a part of the application.
How to apply
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland and International Candidates.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.