P101-089 Invitation for Applications for Geotechnical Engineer
|Project Holder||Ministry of Agriculture Development (MoAD)|
|Project||Sustainable Land Management Project|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2|
|IFA Title||Geotechnical Engineer - Borama-Heego Access Road Design|
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2024. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development program. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The SDF has allocated funds to the Ministry of Agriculture Development (MoAD) for the implementation of the Sustainable Land Management Project in Awdal and Maroodijeh Regions. One of the key activities under this project is the construction of Borama-Heego rural access road in Awdal region. MoAD would therefore like to engage the services of a Geotechnical Engineer to work under a Road and Drainage Engineer in conducting the feasibility assessment and designing of Borama-Heego rural access road in Awdal Region. The SDF Secretariat is therefore inviting qualified Consultants to apply for the position.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor's degree in Geotechnical Engineering or Civil Engineering.
- Must be registered with a recognized professional body in the home country.
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English.
General professional experience
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in conducting geotechnical investigations for large and complex projects in Africa with experience in East and Horn of Africa.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum of 5 years' conducting geotechnical investigations for road construction projects.
- At least 7 years’ experience in planning and designing of road subgrade and earth embankments and borrow bit analysis.
- Must have carried out at least two similar (geotechnical investigations for road construction project) assignments in the last 5 years.
- Must be familiar with the use of computer-aided applications such as AutoCAD.
As part of the selection process, candidates will be requested to provide examples of verifiable project reports from their most recent or relevant assignments. Links to reports which are available online can be provided as a part of the application.
How to apply
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland and International Candidates.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.