P101-091 Invitation for Applications for Site Supervisor
|Project Holder||Ministry of Agriculture Development (MoAD)|
|Project||Sustainable Land Management Project|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2|
|IFA Title||Site Supervisor - Dilla and Heego Office Block Construction|
|Period||6 months renewable|
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2024. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development program. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The SDF has allocated funds to the Ministry of Agriculture Development (MoAD) for the implementation of the Sustainable Land Management Project in Awdal and Maroodijeh Regions. Under the project, some of the funds will be used for construction of office blocks in Dilla and Heego. MoAD would therefore like to engage the services of a Site Supervisor. The SDF Secretariat is therefore inviting qualified candidates to apply for the position.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- At least a Higher National Diploma in Civil Engineering; Construction Management or any other equivalent qualification.
- Minimum of 5 years’ demonstrated experience in construction management/supervision work and in coordinating all technical aspects of contracts supervision and management.
- Minimum of 3 years' demonstrated ability to interpret technical specifications, drawings, bills of quantities and setting out the buildings as per drawings.
- Minimum of 3 years’ demonstrated experience in measurement and certification of civil works for new works and/or rehabilitation works and checking work quantity reported by contractor for Interim Payment Certificates (IPC).
- Minimum of 2 years’ demonstrated experience in review and certification of quality of construction materials procured by contractor for compliance with the BOQ and specifications.
- Proficiency in use of basic computer software such as MS Access, MS project Excel, Word, PowerPoint, AutoCAD.
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English and Somali.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application (cover letter and CV) to the Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat through e-mail
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland Candidates only.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.