P101-092 Invitation for Applications for Resident Engineer Soil and Water Conservation
|Project Holder||Ministry of Agriculture Development (MoAD)|
|Project||Sustainable Land Management Project|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2|
|IFA Title||Resident Engineer - Soil and Water Conservation|
|Location||Borama - with travel to Hargeisa for project meetings|
|Period||18 months with renewal possibility|
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2024. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development program. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The SDF has allocated funds to the Ministry of Agriculture Development (MoAD) for the implementation of the Sustainable Land Management Project in Awdal and Maroodijeh Regions. Under the project, some of the funds will be used for Soil and Water Conversation activities in Durdur Ad catchment in Awdal region. MoAD would therefore like to engage the services of a Resident Engineer - Soil and Water Conservation. The SDF Secretariat is therefore inviting qualified candidates to apply for the position.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Qualifications and skills
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Soil and Water Engineering or Civil Engineering.
- Proficiency in use of basic computer software such as MS Access, MS project Excel, Word, PowerPoint, AutoCAD.
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English and Somali.
General professional experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in construction management/supervision of civil works.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in contract administration related to civil works.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum of 3 years' experience as a Resident or Site Engineer in a project involving construction of medium to large earth works.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in interpreting technical specifications, drawings, bills of quantities, and setting out the Soil and Water Conservation interventions as per drawings.
- Demonstrated ability to review and certify quality of construction materials procured by the contractor for compliance with the BoQ and specifications.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in managing manual labour-intensive construction works.
How to apply
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland Candidates only.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.