P101-094 Invitation for Applications for Legal Drafting Expert
|Project Holder||Ministry of Agriculture Development (MoAD)|
|Project||Sustainable Land Management Project|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2|
|IFA Title||Legal Drafting Expert|
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2024. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development program. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The SDF has allocated funds to the Ministry of Agriculture Development (MoAD) for the implementation of the Sustainable Land Management Project in Awdal and Maroodijeh Regions. Under the project, some of the funds will be used for agrochemical policy and law activities. MoAD would therefore like to engage the services of a Legal Drafting Expert as part of the team developing the Somaliland National Agricultural Sector Chemicals Control Policy and Bill. The SDF Secretariat is therefore inviting qualified candidates to apply for the position.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Qualifications and skills
- At least a Master’s Degree in Law from a recognised University.
- Post graduate training in legal drafting.
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
General professional experience
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in the legal field, preferably working in/with the public sector.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in development of legal documents, preferably related to agriculture, environment, or natural resources management sector.
- Evidence of at least 2 bills drafted in the last 5 years.
As part of the selection process, candidates will be requested to provide examples of verifiable project reports from their most recent or relevant assignments. Links to reports which are available online can be provided as a part of the application.
How to apply
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland and International Candidates.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.