P101-102 Invitation for Applications for Site Engineer - Bridges Rehabilitation
|Project Holder||Ministry of Transport and Roads Development (MoTRD)|
|Project||Burao-Berbera Road Rehabilitation Project|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2|
|IFA Title||Site Engineer - Bridges Rehabilitation|
|Duration||12 months with possibility of extension|
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2024. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development program. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The SDF has allocated funds to the Ministry of Transport and Roads Development (MoTRD) for the implementation of the Burao-Berbera Road Rehabilitation Project. As a part of this project, funds will be used for rehabilitations of Burao-Berbera road pavement and four bridges. MoTRD would like to engage the services of a Site Engineer - Bridges Rehabilitation. The SDF Secretariat is therefore inviting qualified Experts to apply for the position.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- At least a Bachelors’ degree in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in roads rehabilitation project supervision and construction management.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience demonstrated ability to interpret technical specifications, drawings, bills of quantities and setting out the bridges rehabilitation as per drawings.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in measurement and certification of civil works for bridges rehabilitation works and checking work quantity reported by contractor for Interim Payment Certificates (IPC).
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in review and certification of quality of bridges rehabilitation materials procured by contractor for compliance with the BOQ and specifications.
- Proficiency in use of basic computer software such as MS Access, MS project Excel, Word, Power Point, AutoCAD.
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English and Somali.
How to apply
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland nationals only.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.