P101-105 Invitation for Applications for National Development Planning Expert
|Project Holder||Ministry of Planning and National Development (MoPND)|
|Project||Formulation of National Development Plan III|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2|
|IFA Title||National Development Planning Expert|
|Duration||6 months - Approximately 144 days|
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2024. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development program. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The SDF has allocated funds to the Ministry of Planning and National Development (MoPND) for the implementation of the National Development Plan III (NDP III) Project. As a part of this project, MoPND would like to engage the services of a National Development Planning Expert. The SDF Secretariat is therefore inviting qualified Experts to apply for the position.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Qualifications and skills
- Master’s degree or higher in Development Studies, Public Administration, or Economics.
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Demonstrated analytical and report writing skills.
- Ability to work well in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
General professional experience
- Minimum 15 years of experience in the field of international development, with a focus on social policy and development.
- Minimum 12 years of experience in coordinating development projects of a similar nature, such as policy research studies or consultancy reports.
- Evidence of understanding Aid Effectiveness Principles.
- Evidence of experience with mainstreaming SDGs into National Development Plans.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience developing leading evidence based national planning, strategic planning, or sector wide planning processes in developing countries.
- Extensive experience working in institutional capacity assessments and organizational frameworks.
- Evidence of leading at least two national planning, sector wide planning or strategic planning assignments in the last 6 years in a similar context to Somaliland.
- Proven experience in facilitating at least 3 national level policy/ strategic workshops in the last 5 years.
As part of the selection process, candidates will be requested to provide examples of verifiable project reports from their most recent or relevant assignments. Links to reports which are available online can be provided as a part of the application.
How to apply
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland and International Candidates.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.