P101-119 Invitation for Applications for Project Drivers
|Project Holder||Ministry of Transport and Roads Development, Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries Development, Ministry of Agriculture Development|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2|
|IFA Title||Project Drivers - 6 positions|
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2024. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development program. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The SDF has allocated funds for the implementation of various projects by the Ministry of Transport and Roads Development, Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries Development, and Ministry of Agriculture Development as a Project Holders. A portion of the funding will be spent on the recruitment of six (6) Project Driver positions based in the following locations.
Ministry of Transport and Roads Development
1 Driver - Burao
1 Driver - Sheikh
Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries Development
1 Driver - Maydh
1 Driver - Aroori
Ministry of Agriculture Development
1 Driver - Borama
1 Driver - Xeego
The SDF Secretariat is therefore inviting qualified candidates to apply for the position.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- At least primary level of education
- Have a valid driving licence
- Basic motor vehicle mechanical skills would be an advantage
- Over 6 years of accident-free driving experience, 3 of which must have been spent driving four-wheel drive manual gear vehicles
- Willingness to drive a project vehicle to all regions of Somaliland
- Ability to communicate in English
- Good interpersonal skills
- Be culturally sensitive and good in character and integrity
- Respectful and flexible with working hours
- Remain sober at all times
- First Aid Course would be an added advantage
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application (cover letter and CV) to the Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat through e-mail
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland nationals only.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.