P101-125 Invitation for Applications for Refrigeration Technician
|Project Holder||Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries Development|
|Project||Strengthening Artisanal Fisheries in Sanaag Project|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2|
|IFB Title||Refrigeration Technician|
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2024. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development programme. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2's ambitions are fully aligned with the NDP2 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The SDF has allocated funds to the Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries Development (MoLFD) for the implementation of the Strengthening Artisanal Fisheries in Sanaag Project. As a part of this project, MoLFD would like to recruit a Refrigeration Technician. The SDF Secretariat is therefore inviting qualified candidates to apply for the position.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering or Refrigeration. Certificate in Electrical Engineering, Solar Energy Systems or Refrigeration from a Technical Institute with a minimum of 10 years’ experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a refrigeration installation and maintenance technician in a well-established organization or project.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as refrigeration or electromechanical technician in fisheries cold chain facilities.
- Minimum of 1 year experience working with technical drawings or blueprints and compliance schemes.
- Minimum of 1 year experience with post supply training and technical services.
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English and Somali.
How to apply
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This position is open to Somaliland candidates only.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.