P101-143 Invitation for Applications for Fish Processing Specialist
|Project Holder||Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries Development|
|Project||Strengthening Artisanal Fisheries in Sanaag Project|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2|
|IFB Title||Fish Processing Specialist|
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2024. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development programme. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2's ambitions are fully aligned with the NDP2 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The SDF has allocated funds to the Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries Development (MoLFD) for the implementation of the Strengthening Artisanal Fisheries in Sanaag Project. As a part of this project, MoLFD would like to recruit a Fish Processing Specialist. The SDF Secretariat is therefore inviting qualified candidates to apply for the position.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Minimum secondary school certificate
- Certification in basic food hygiene and handling
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in fish processing
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in on-the-job training of fish processors in groups and individually
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in use and training of fishing processing basic tools and equipment
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Somali
- Physically fit to perform work for extended periods and lift heavy items
How to apply
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This position is open to Somaliland and International candidates.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.