Invitation for Applications
|Project Holder||: Ministry of Environment and Rural Development|
|Project||: Capacity Building for Sustainable Rangeland and Forest Management|
|Fund||: Somaliland Development Fund|
|IFA Title||: Range Management Training Expert|
|IFA No.||: P094|
The Somaliland Development Fund (SDF) is a 4-year fund designed to support the Government of Somaliland (GoSL) filling a critical gap supporting projects that are fully aligned to the National Development Plan (NDP). SDF is currently funded by the Department for International Development (DFID), the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA), Norwegian Embassy and the Netherlands. The SDF has allocated funding for the implementation of the Enhanced Capacity Development for MoERD Staff Project in Somaliland implemented by the Ministry of Environment and Rural Development (MoERD). The MoERD intends to use a part of the funding to engage the services of a Range Management Training Expert to design and train MoERD staff in range management.
The Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat now invites applications from Range Management Training Expert for this assignment.
Qualifications and skills
- At least a Master’s Degree in Range Management or in Biodiversity, Forestry, or Biological/Agricultural Sciences. In the absence of a Master’s Degree, qualified candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree and at least 10 years’ experience will be considered;
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English; and
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
General professional experience
- At least 10 years of experience as a practitioner in range management;
- Experience in countries emerging out of conflict or fragile states; and
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines in a multicultural environment, including the ability to integrate feedback of team members and stakeholders.
Specific professional experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in designing and delivering range management trainings;
- Conducted at least 3 relevant trainings in the last five years;
- At least 5 years’ experience in range management in Horn of Africa; and
- Strong capacity for discussion / workshop facilitation as demonstrated in previous training workshops.
How to apply
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland and International Candidates.
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply