Invitation for Applications
|Project Holder||Ministry of Livestock|
|Project||Enhancing Livestock Export System with Infrastructures and Services|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund|
Consulting opportunity for Public Sector Enterprises Expert for Development of Livestock Holding Grounds Management Modalities
The Somaliland Development Fund (SDF) is a 4 - year fund designed to support the Government of Somaliland (GoSL) filling a critical gap supporting projects that are fully aligned to the National Development Plan (NDP). SDF is currently funded by the Department for International Development (DFID), the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA), Norwegian Embassy and the Netherlands. The SDF has allocated funding to Enhancing Livestock Export System with Infrastructures and Services project also known as the Livestock Holding Grounds Project in Somaliland implemented by the Ministry of Livestock and intends to use a part of the funding for engage the services of a Public Sector Enterprises Expert to development of Livestock Holding Grounds Management Modalities.
The Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat now invites applications from qualified Individual Consultants to provide the above services.
The expert will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
Qualifications and skills
- A Masters degree in Public Administration, Public Policy, Management or Economics
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
General professional experience
- At least 7 years’ experience working in the public sector management including experienced gained through consultancies;
- Experience in the livestock or livelihood sector in developing countries;
- Experience in assessing the legal framework of public enterprises and parastatals;
- Experience with post conflict or fragile countries context.
Specific professional experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in public sector administrative reorganisation, parastatal management consolidation and strengthening of public enterprises. This include experience gained through consultancies; and
- Experience in developing at least 2 management modalities for public enterprises and or parastatals in the last 5 years.
How to apply
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for the this position.
This role is open to Somaliland Nationals and International Candidates.
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply