Invitation for Bids (IFB)
|Project Holder||Ministry of Water Resources|
|Project||Water Resources Development in Somaliland|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund|
|IFA Title||Procurement of Construction of Dam and Water Distribution System - Kulaal Water Supply Project|
|IFA No.||ICB No. P249|
1. The Government of Somaliland (GoSL) through Somaliland Development Fund (SDF) has received funding from Department for International Development (DFID), the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA), the Embassy of Norway and the Kingdom of the Netherlands and has allocated part of the funding towards Water Resources Development in Somaliland Project implemented by Ministry of Water Resources. The Ministry of Water Resources intends to use a part of the funding for Construction of Dam and Water Distribution System - Kulaal Water Supply Project identified as IFB – ICB No. P249.
2. The works involve Construction of Dam and Water Distribution System at Kulaal. Specifications are provided in Instruction to Bidders document (ITB).
3. SDF Secretariat will conduct a Site Visit at Kulaal on 5th September 2016. A Pre-Bid Meeting will be held in Hargeisa on 7th September 2016.
4. The Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for Construction of Dam and Water Distribution System - Kulaal Water Supply Project as described under Section VI. Specifications & Performance Requirements in the detailed bidding documents.
5. Bidding will be in accordance with the International Competitive Bidding procedures as specified in the SDF procurement manual under the section for Procurement of Goods, Works and Non-Consulting Services 2014, which can be found at the following website: www.somalilanddevelopmentfund.org and is open to all eligible bidders.
6. Interested bidders can request for bidding documents from SDF Secretariat through the address indicated in number eight (8) below.
7. Sealed bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 24 September 2016 at 1100 hours East African Standard Time. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who choose to attend at the address below on 24 September 2016 at 1100 hours.
8. The address referred to above is:
Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat Office - Attn: Procurement Manager
Masala Area, Hargeisa, Somaliland