Invitation for Applications (IFA)
|Project Holder||Ministry of Education and Higher Studies|
|Project||Sool and Sanaag Education Project|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund|
|IFA Title||Opportunity for Boarding School Head Teachers (2) for Las Anod and Dayaha Secondary Schools, Sool and Sanaag Regions respectively|
The Somaliland Development Fund (SDF) is a 4 - year fund designed to support the Government of Somaliland (GoSL) filling a critical gap supporting projects that are fully aligned to the National Development Plan (NDP). SDF is currently funded by the Department for International Development (DFID), the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA), Norwegian Embassy and the Netherlands. The SDF has allocated funding to the Government of Somaliland (GoSL) for the implementation of the Sool and Sanaag Education Project implemented by Ministry of Education and Higher Studies (MoEHS). As a part of its objectives, the project seeks to re-establish Dayaha and Las Anod Secondary schools in Sanaag and Sool regions of Somaliland respectively in sustainably managed boarding secondary schools. The MoE&HS therefore intends to use a part of the funding to engage the services of two Boarding School Head Teachers, one for Las Anod Boarding Secondary School and the second one for Dayaha Boarding Secondary School for a period of 16 months each.
The Ministry of Education and Higher Studies with support of the Somaliland Development Fund now invites qualified Senior Teachers with substantial experience in management of boarding schools to apply for these positions.
The head teachers will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
Qualifications and skills
- Master’s Degree in Education or Educational Planning and Management. Alternatively a Bachelor’s Degree in Education or Educational Planning and School Management with at least 5 years of relevant boarding school management experience. Master’s Degrees in other disciplines will be considered if there is adequate boarding school management experience of at least three years;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English (knowledge of Somali is an advantage); and
- Computer literacy in Word, Excel (at a strong level), PowerPoint and internet research skills.
General professional experience
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience post qualification as secondary school teacher in the East and Horn of Africa;
- Experience with working with community based school management structures; and
- Experience with post conflict or fragile countries context.
Specific professional experience
- At least 3 years of experience in establishing and managing a mixed boarding school;
- Demonstrable at least 1 year of experience with teaching in pastoralist communities;
- Demonstrable experience in setting up new schools or similar institutions;
- At least 3 years of experience with coaching and mentoring teachers; and
- At least 2 years of experience with adolescents (guidance, support, counselling etc.) in a boarding environment.
How to apply
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for the this position.
This role is open to Somaliland Nationals and International Candidates.
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.