Invitation for Applications (IFA)
|Project Holder||Ministry of Education and Higher Studies|
|Project||Sool and Sanaag Education Project|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund|
|IFA Title||Opportunity for Training Needs Assessment Expert for Regional Education Officers and Secondary Boarding Schools in Las Anod and Dayaha,Sool and Sanaag Regions|
The Somaliland Development Fund (SDF) is a 4 - year fund designed to support the Government of Somaliland (GoSL) filling a critical gap supporting projects that are fully aligned to the National Development Plan (NDP). SDF is currently funded by the Department for International Development (DFID), the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA), and the Governments of Norway and the Kingdom of the Netherlands. The SDF has allocated funding to the Government of Somaliland (GoSL) for the implementation of the Sool and Sanaag Education Project implemented by Ministry of Education and Higher Studies (MoEHS). As a part of its objectives, the project seeks to re-establish Dayaha and Las Anod Secondary schools in Sanaag and Sool regions of Somaliland respectively in sustainably managed boarding secondary schools. The MoEHS therefore intends to use a part of the funding to engage the services of a Training Needs Assessment Expert for a period of 30 working days.
The Ministry of Education and Higher Studies with support of the Somaliland Development Fund now invites applications from qualified Training Needs Assessment Experts to apply for this position.
The Training Needs Assessment Expert will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
Qualifications and skills
- At least a Master’s Degree or equivalent in Educational Planning and Management or relevant social science fields like sociology, educational psychology, curriculum, etc. or, MA in human resources management, public administration, development studies;
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English; and
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
General professional experience
- At least 10 years’ experience working as human resources, public administration or institutional development expert in Africa;
- At least 3 years’ experience in countries emerging out of conflict or fragile states; and
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines in a multicultural environment, including the ability to integrate feedback of team members and stakeholders.
Specific professional experience
- At least 8 years’ experience working on one or more of the following: capacity development; training need assessment, or other similar processes which involve drawing of lessons learned from these experiences; and
- Conducted at least three training needs assessments or capacity assessments of a public sector or development institution in the last 5 years.
How to apply
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for the this position.
This role is open to Somaliland nationals and international candidates.
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.