Invitation for Applications (IFA)
|Project Holder||Ministry of Education and Higher Studies|
|Project||Sool and Sanaag Education Project|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund|
|IFA Title||Opportunity for Administrative and Accounting Clerks (2), one each for Las Anod and Dayaha Secondary Schools, Sool and Sanaag Regions respectively|
The Somaliland Development Fund (SDF) is a 4-year fund designed to support the Government of Somaliland (GoSL) filling a critical gap supporting projects that are fully aligned to the National Development Plan (NDP). SDF is currently funded by the Department for International Development (DFID), the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA), Norwegian Embassy and the Netherlands. The SDF has allocated funding to the Government of Somaliland (GoSL) for the implementation of the Sool and Sanaag Education Project implemented by Ministry of Education and Higher Studies (MoEHS). As a part of its objectives, the project seeks to re-establish Dayaha and Las Anod Secondary schools in Sanaag and Sool regions of Somaliland respectively in sustainably managed boarding secondary schools. The MoE&HS therefore intends to use a part of the funding to engage the services of two (2) Administrative and Accounting Clerks, one for Las Anod Secondary Boarding School and the second one for Dayaha Secondary Boarding School for a period of 11 months each.
The Ministry of Education and Higher Studies with support of the Somaliland Development Fund now invites qualified Administrative and Accounting Clerks with experience in administrative functions of boarding schools to apply for these positions.
The Administrative and Accounting Clerks will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
Qualifications and skills
- At least a Diploma in either Finance Management, Commerce, Procurement, Business Administration;
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated administration functions experience in government offices, private schools or non- governmental organizations;
- Proven experience in general administration, finance, procurement, security and transport;
- Energetic and able to work independently with high sense of responsibility;
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English as well as Somali;
- Understanding of how government systems in Somaliland work.
How to apply
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for the position.
This role is open to Somaliland nationals only.
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.