Invitation for Applications (IFA)
|Project Holder||Ministry of Water Resources|
|Project||Water Resources Development in Somaliland|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund|
|IFA Title||Individual Short Term Expert for Las Anod Water Supply Dams Design|
The Somaliland Development Fund (SDF) is a 4-year fund designed to support the Government of Somaliland (GoSL) filling a critical gap supporting projects that are fully aligned to the National Development Plan (NDP). SDF is currently funded by the Department for International Development (DFID), the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA), and the Governments of Norway and the Netherlands. The SDF has allocated funding to the Water Resources Development in Somaliland Project implemented by the Ministry of Water Resources (MoWR) and intends to use part of the funding to engage the services of a Short Term Expert to design dams for Las Anod Water Supply System in Sool Region, Somaliland.
The Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat on behalf of the Ministry of Water Resources now invites applications from qualified Individual Consultants to provide the above services.
Qualifications and skills
- At least a Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Water Engineering or equivalent from a recognised University;
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English; and
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
General professional experience
- Registered with a recognised Engineering body; and
- Experience in design of water supply systems including dams.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum of 15 years' experience in design of dams, water pans and other associated structures.
- Experience in designing treatment units for surface water;
- Demonstrate that s/he has carried out at least 2 such assignments with proven examples
- Demonstrated ability to ability to interpret survey data and use of basic surveying equipment.
- Ability to use engineering software’s such as AutoCAD and others.
How to apply
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for the position.
This role is open to Somaliland nationals and international candidates.
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.