Invitation for Applications (IFA)
|Project Holder||Ministry of Water Resources|
|Project||Water Resources Development in Somaliland|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund|
|IFA Title||Individual Short Term Expert Structural Engineer for Elefwein Water Supply Design|
The Somaliland Development Fund (SDF) is a 4-year fund designed to support the Government of Somaliland (GoSL) filling a critical gap supporting projects that are fully aligned to the National Development Plan (NDP). SDF is currently funded by the Department for International Development (DFID), the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA), and the Governments of Norway and the Netherlands. The SDF has allocated funding to the Water Resources Development in Somaliland Project implemented by the Ministry of Water Resources (MoWR) and intends to use part of the funding to engage the services of a Short Term Expert Structural Engineer for Elefwein Water Supply Design in Sanaag Region, Somaliland.
The Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat on behalf of the Ministry of Water Resources now invites applications from qualified Individual Consultants to provide the above services.
Qualifications and skills
- Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, or equivalent; and
- Demonstrated experience in water retaining structures design, design of bridges, design of gabion work to protect erosion, etc.
General professional experience
- Must have a minimum of 10 years' experience in design of structures, particularly related to water supply.
Specific professional experience
- Must have carried out structure work of at least three similar (water supply) assignments in the last 3 years;
- Must be familiar with the use of structural design software; and
- Must be familiar with the use of AutoCAD to prepare detailed drawings.
How to apply
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for the position.
This role is open to Somaliland nationals only.
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.