Invitation for Bids (IFB)
|Project Holder||Ministry of Water Resources|
|Project||Water Resources Development in Somaliland|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund|
|IFA Title||Procurement of Supply of Two (2) 500 m3 Water Tanks (Water Reservoirs)|
|IFA No.||ICB No. P273|
1. The Government of Somaliland (GoSL) through the Somaliland Development Fund (SDF) has received funding from Department for International Development (DFID), the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA), the Embassy of Norway and the Kingdom of the Netherlands and has allocated part of the funding towards the Water Resources Development in Somaliland Project implemented by the Ministry of Water Resources. The Ministry of Water Resources intends to use a part of the funding for Procurement of Supply of Two (2) 500 m3 Water Tanks (Water Reservoirs) IFB - ICB No. 273.
2. The procurement involves Supply of Two (2) 500 m3 Pressed Steel or Equivalent Water Tanks (Water Reservoirs) as per specifications are provided in Instruction to Bidders (ITB) document and briefly described as follows:
Two water tanks each of 500 cubic metres net volume, for the storage of potable (drinking) water. Height of the tanks should be between 3 and 4 m and the tank should be complete with all accessories including bolts and nuts, inlets, outlets, internal and external ladders, manhole cover, flange, rubber seal, water gage, base channel, out-reinforced channel etc., internal supports etc. The tank shall come with certification for suitability for storage of drinking water and should be suited for storage of slightly hard water. The tank shall be supplied with its installation manual. It shall also have a complete set of installation tools and excess of bolts and nuts to allow for losses. All bolts, nuts, struts and stays must be made of SS30 or other material capable of resisting corrosion.
3. The Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat now invites bids from eligible and qualified bidders for Supply of the Two (2) 500 m3 Pressed Steel or Equivalent Water Tanks (Water Reservoirs) as described under Section VI. Specifications & Performance Requirements in the detailed bidding documents.
4. Bidding will be in accordance with the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures as specified in the SDF Procurement Manual under the section for Procurement of Goods, Works and Non-Consulting Services 2014, which can be found at the following website: www.somalilanddevelopmentfund.org and is open to all eligible bidders. The only exception is shorter response time due to opportunity created a bidder to propose own 500 m3 solution.
5. Interested bidders can request for bidding documents from the SDF Secretariat through the address indicated in number seven (7) below.
6. Sealed bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 22 April 2017 at 1000 hours East African Standard Time. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below on 22 April 2017 at 1000 Hours.
7. The address referred to above is: