Invitation for Applications (IFA)
|Project Holder||Ministry of Agriculture|
|Project||Maroodijex Upper Catchment Soil & Water Conservation Project|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund|
|IFA Title||Legal Drafting Expert - National Seed Regulation Bill|
The Somaliland Development Fund (SDF) is a 4-year fund designed to support the Government of Somaliland (GoSL) filling a critical gap supporting projects that are fully aligned to the National Development Plan (NDP). SDF is currently funded by the Department for International Development (DFID), the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA), the Royal Norwegian Embassy and the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. The SDF has allocated funding to the Government of Somaliland (GoSL) for the implementation of the Maroodijex Upper Catchment Soil & Conservation Project implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture. A part of the funding will be applied in development of National Seed Regulation Policy and Bill for the Ministry of Agriculture. The SDF Secretariat seeks the services of a Legal Drafting Expert to lead the process of drafting the National Seed Regulation Bill from the National Seed Policy.
The Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat now invites applications from qualified Legal Drafting Experts for this assignment.
Qualifications and skills
- At least a Master’s Degree in Law from a recognised University;
- Post graduate training in legal drafting;
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English; and
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
General professional experience
- At least 10 years’ professional experience in the legal field, preferably working in/with the public sector.
Specific professional experience
- At least 5 years of professional experience in development of legal documents, preferably related to agriculture, environment, or natural resources management sector; and
- Evidence of at least three bills drafted in the last 5 years.
How to apply
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for the position.
This role is open to Somaliland and international candidates.
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.