Invitation for Applications (IFA)
|Project Holder||Ministry of Agriculture|
|Project||Maroodijex Upper Catchment Soil & Water Conservation Project|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund|
|IFA Title||Seed Policy Expert - Development of National Seed Policy|
The Somaliland Development Fund (SDF) is a 4-year fund designed to support the Government of Somaliland (GoSL) filling a critical gap supporting projects that are fully aligned to the National Development Plan (NDP). SDF is currently funded by the Department for International Development (DFID), the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA), the Royal Norwegian Embassy and the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. The SDF has allocated funding to the Government of Somaliland (GoSL) for the implementation of the Maroodijex Upper Catchment Soil & Conservation Project implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture. A part of the funding will be applied in development of National Agrochemical Regulation Policy and Bill for the Ministry of Agriculture. The SDF Secretariat seeks the services of an Seed Policy Expert to lead the proces of the development of the National Seed Regulation Policy. The Seed Policy Expert will work with a counterpart who will be seconded by the Ministry of Agriculture.
The Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat now invites applications from qualified Seed Policy Experts for this assignment.
Qualifications and skills
- At least a Master’s Degree in Agriculture related discipline (Agronomy, Agricultural Economics, General Agriculture among others);
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines in a multicultural environment, including the ability to integrate feedback of various stakeholders;
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English; and
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
General professional experience
- At least 10 years of experience in working in the agricultural sector at policy or advisory level in contexts similar to Somaliland; and
- Proven recent experience with similar consultancies and/or managing seed production projects, preferably in post-conflict contexts.
Specific professional experience
- At least 5 years of experience in formulating policies and regulations in the agriculture sector, especially seed related; and
- Have led in the development and drafting of at least one policy in seed sector in the last 5 years.
How to apply
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for the position.
This role is open to Somaliland and international candidates.
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.