Invitation for Applications (IFA)
|Project Holder||Ministry of Education and Higher Studies|
|Project||Sool and Sanaag Education Project|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund|
|IFA Title||Opportunity for Trainer in Teaching Methods and Classroom Management for Head Teachers and Teachers of Las Anod and Dayaha Secondary Boarding Schools|
The Somaliland Development Fund (SDF) is a 4-year fund designed to support the Government of Somaliland (GoSL) filling a critical gap supporting projects that are fully aligned to the National Development Plan (NDP). SDF is currently funded by the Department for International Development (DFID), the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA), the Royal Norwegian Embassy and the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. The SDF has allocated funding to the Government of Somaliland (GoSL) for the implementation of the Sool and Sanaag Education Project implemented by Ministry of Education and Higher Studies (MoEHS). The MoEHS intends to use a part of the funding to engage the services of Trainer in Teaching Methods and Classroom Management for Head Teachers and Teachers of Las Anod and Dayaha Secondary Boarding Schools.
The Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat now invites applications from qualified Trainers in Teaching Methods and Classroom Management for Head Teachers and Teachers for Secondary Boarding Schools to provide the above services.
The Trainer should be a highly knowledgeable person on teachers' training. He/she must also have a solid understanding of interactive teaching methodologies.
Qualifications and skills
- At least a Master’s Degree or equivalent in Education, experienced in teachers training or relevant social science fields like educational psychology, curriculum, etc.;
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English;
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills; and
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines in a multicultural environment, including the ability to integrate feedback of team members and stakeholders.
General professional experience
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in training teachers in Colleges or Universities;
- At least 3 years’ experience in developing teacher training manuals; and
- Demonstrated experience in working with Somaliland teachers and familiarized with the teachers’ training manuals of the country.
Specific professional experience
- At least 5 years’ experience working on one or more of the following: teaching methods, classroom management, lesson plan preparation, teaching aid preparation and usage, etc.; and
- Conducted at least 3 teacher trainings in the last 2 years for teachers and head teachers either in colleges or other training settings.
How to apply
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for the position.
This role is open to Somaliland and international candidates.
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.