Invitation for Applications (IFA)
|Project Holder||Ministry of Water Resources|
|Project||Water Resources Development in Somaliland|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund|
|IFA Title||Opportunity for Geotechnical Engineer (Short Term Expert) for the Design of Las Anod Water Supply System, Sool Region, Somaliland|
The Somaliland Development Fund (SDF) is a 4-year fund designed to support the Government of Somaliland (GoSL) filling a critical gap supporting projects that are fully aligned to the National Development Plan (NDP). SDF is currently funded by the Department for International Development (DFID), the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA), and the Governments of Norway and the Netherlands. The SDF has allocated funding to the Water Resources Development in Somaliland Project implemented by the Ministry of Water Resources (MoWR). As part of its objectives, this project seeks to undertake comprehensive water study and detailed design and implementation of critical activities of Las Anod Urban Water System (Sool Region). The MoWR intends to use part of the funding for engaging the services of an experienced Geotechnical Engineer for the design of Las Anod Water Supply System, Sool Region, Somaliland for duration of 10 weeks (60 working days).
The Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat on behalf of the Ministry of Water Resources now invites applications from qualified Geotechnical Engineers for the above assignment.
The Geotechnical Engineer will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Geotechnical Engineering, Civil Engineering or related discipline;
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English. Fluency in Somali will be an added advantage although not essential; and
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
General professional experience:
- Must have a minimum of 8 years’ experience in conducting geotechnical investigations for large and complex projects similar in scale to the Las Anod Water Supply Project; and
- Must be registered with a recognized professional body in the home country.
Specific professional experience:
- Must have carried out at least three similar (geotechnical investigations for water supply dams) assignments in the last 8 years; and
- Must be familiar with the use of computer aided applications for modelling of earthworks and cost estimation.
How to apply
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for the position.
This role is open to all qualifying candidates.
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.