Invitation for Applications (IFA)
|Project Holder||Ministry of Water Resources|
|Project||Water Resources Development in Somaliland|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund|
|IFA Title||Individual Short Term Topographic Surveyor - Las Anod Water Supply System, Sool Region, Somaliland|
The Somaliland Development Fund (SDF) is a 4-year fund designed to support the Government of Somaliland (GoSL) filling a critical gap supporting projects that are fully aligned to the National Development Plan (NDP). SDF is currently funded by the Department for International Development (DFID), the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA), and the Governments of Norway and the Netherlands. The SDF has allocated funding to the Water Resources Development in Somaliland Project implemented by the Ministry of Water Resources (MoWR). The MoWR intends to use part of the funding for engaging the services of a Short Term Topographic Surveyor - Las Anod Water Supply in Sool Region, Somaliland.
The Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat on behalf of the Ministry of Water Resources now invites applications from qualified Individual Consultants for the above assignment.
Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Surveying;
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English; and
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
General professional experience:
- Must have a minimum of 8 years’ experience in the surveying and documentation of water supply systems of similar magnitude and complexity.
Specific professional experience:
- Must have carried out at least two similar (water supply survey) assignments in the last 8 years; and
- Preferably, should be registered with the professional Surveyors Registration body in the home country.
How to apply
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for the position.
This role is open to all qualifying candidates.
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.