Invitation for Applications (IFA)
|Project Holder||Hargeisa Water Agency|
|Project||Construction of Hora Hadley Wellfield and Ayaha 1 & 2 Water Supply System|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund|
|IFA Title||Resident Engineer - Hora Hadley to Geed Deeble Wellfield Collector|
The Somaliland Development Fund (SDF) is a 4-year fund designed to support the Government of Somaliland (GoSL) filling a critical gap supporting projects that are fully aligned to the National Development Plan (NDP). SDF is currently funded by the Department for International Development (DFID), the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA), and the Governments of Norway and the Netherlands. The SDF has allocated funding for the implementation of the Construction of Hora Hadley Wellfield and Ayaha 1&2 Water Supply System Project in Somaliland implemented by the Hargeisa Water Agency. The HWA intends to use part of the funding for the Construction of the Wellfield Collector (WFC) system from Hora Hadley to Geed Deeble. The SDF Secretariat seeks the services of a Resident Engineer to supervise the construction of this Wellfield Collector System.
The Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat on behalf of the Hargeisa Water Agency now invites applications from qualified Resident Engineers with extensive experience with supervision of similar systems for this assignment.
Qualifications and skills:
- At least a Bachelors’ degree in Civil Engineering or Water Engineering;
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English; and
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
General professional experience:
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in implementation/supervision of water supply systems and possibly design of water supply systems in Africa;
- Registered with a recognised Engineering body;
- Demonstrated ability to ability to interpret survey data and use of basic surveying equipment; and
- Proficiency in use basic computer software such as MS Access, Excel, Word, Power point, AutoCAD, and water modelling software such as EPANET.
Specific professional experience:
- A minimum of 2 projects (>1mln value) completed as a Resident Engineer;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as Resident Engineer in large water supply projects of similar size and complexity; and
- At least 5 years demonstrable experience in contract management and dealing with contractors/IPs.
How to apply
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for the position.
This role is open to Somaliland and International Candidates.
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.