Invitation for Applications
|Project Holder||Ministry of Health|
|Project||Sool and Sanaag Health Project|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund|
|IFA Title||Physician - Internal Medicine - 2 Positions|
The Somaliland Development Fund (SDF) is a 4 - year fund designed to support the Government of Somaliland (GoSL) filling a critical gap supporting projects that are fully aligned to the National Development Plan (NDP). SDF is currently funded by the Department for International Development (DFID), the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA), Norwegian Embassy and the Netherlands. The SDF has allocated funding for implementation of the Sool and Health Project implemented by the Ministry of Health in Somaliland. The Ministry intends to use part of the funding to engage the services of two Physicians - Internal Medicine to the project for a period of 6 months.
The Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat on behalf of the Ministry of Health now invites applications from qualified health professionals for the above positions. The positions will be based at Las Anod Hospital, Sool Region.
Qualifications and skills
- Preferably Master’s degree in Internal Medicine. In the absence of a Master’s degree, candidates with Bachelor’s degree and Diploma in Internal Medicine with 5 years’ experience in medicine will be considered.
- Fluency in English and Somali are essential. Proven experience of independently managing medical department is necessary.
General professional experience
- Minimum of 3 years' experience working in Internal Medicine Department in secondary level /district hospital in emerging countries.
- Experienced in imparting hands on or on the job training to nurses and doctors is essential. Specific work experience in East and Horn of Africa context is required. Specific work experience in Somaliland is an added advantage.
Specific professional experience
- Demonstrated minimum of 2 years’ experience in setting up Medical Department/ Internal Medicine Department and its management in peripheral hospitals.
- Proven hands-on experience in the management of internal medical services in district or regional hospitals’ including working in remote areas.
- Experienced in developing training materials and capacity building of nurses and junior doctors is essential.
How to apply
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for the this position.
This role is open to Somaliland Nationals only. Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply