Invitation for Applications
|Project Holder||Ministry of Agricultural Development|
|Project||Sustainable Land Management|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund|
|IFA Title||National Civil Engineer|
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018 – 2023. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development programme. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The Ministry of Agricultural Development (MoAD) has developed a Project Concept Note for a project on Sustainable Land Management. The project seeks to improve the agricultural production of small farmers through Soil and Water Conservation, research, extension, farmer training and the supply of farm inputs in two agricultural areas in Somaliland located in Awdal and Maroodijeex regions. This concept note has been approved by the SDF2 Joint Steering Committee (JSC).
The SDF Secretariat is therefore seeking the services of a National Civil Engineer Short-Term Expert (STE) to work as part of a team led by a Senior Agricultural Production Expert. The third member of the team is Soil and Water Conservation Expert. Under the leadership of the Senior Agricultural Production Expert, the team will be responsible for supporting the MoAD in conducting necessary preliminary consultations, assessments and development of a full project proposal as per the SDF approved proposal format.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
* Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English. Fluency in Somali will be an added advantage although not essential; and
* Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
General professional experience
* Minimum of 10 years' experience working at a senior level in the designing, implementing/supervising construction projects in Somaliland.
* Evidence of at least 3 similar assignments in the last three years involving needs assessment and design of water harvesting infrastructure or buildings construction projects complete with detailed designs, BoQs and technical specifications; and
* Ability to use engineering software such as AutoCAD and others.
How to apply
Full Terms of Reference can be downloaded here.
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland Nationals only.
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.