Invitation for Applications
|Project Holder||Ministry of Agricultural Development|
|Project||Sustainable Land Management|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund|
|IFA Title||Senior Agricultural Production Expert - Team Leader|
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018 – 2023. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development programme. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The Ministry of Agricultural Devepment (MoAD) has developed a Project Concept Note for a project on Sustainable Land Management. The project seeks to improve the agricultural production of small farmers through Soil and Water Conservation, research, extension, farmer training and the supply of farm inputs in two agricultural areas in Somaliland located in Awdal and Maroodijeex regions. This concept note has been approved by the SDF2 Joint Steering Committee (JSC).
The SDF Secretariat is therefore seeking the services of a Senior Agricultural Production Expert to lead a team of three including a Soil and Water Conservation Expert and National Civil Engineer. The team will be responsible for supporting the MoAD in conducting necessary preliminary consultations, assessments and development of a full project proposal as per the SDF approved proposal format.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
* Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English; and
* Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
* Extensive previous experience (minimum 12 years) in implementing dryland agricultural projects in African arid and semi-arid lands;
* Proven understanding of Project Cycle Management (PCM), Logical Framework Approach (LFA);
* Experience in conducting feasibility appraisal for dryland agriculture and soil and water conservation projects in African arid and semi-arid lands; and
* Demonstrated understanding of contribution of the agricultural sector to economic development.
* At least 8 years’ experience in designing and supervising/managing projects related to Dryland Agriculture or Soil and Water Conservation in fragile and conflict affected countries;
* Designed and wrote at least one project proposal focusing on dryland agriculture and soil and water conservation in the last three years; and
* Conducted at least one feasibility or prefeasibility study for dryland agriculture or soil and water conservation in the last three years.
How to apply
Full Terms of Reference can be downloaded here.
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland and International Candidates.
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.