Invitation for Applications
|Project Holder||Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries Development|
|Project||Strengthening Animal Production and Health Services|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund|
|IFA Title||Senior Animal Production Expert - Team Leader|
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018 – 2023. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development programme. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries Development (MoLFD) has developed a Project Concept Note for a project on Strengthening Animal Production and Health Services. The project will specifically establish one livestock holding ground by fencing an area of 10x10 in Ilaan, Sanaag for fodder production and expanding the fodder production in the previously established Aroori livestock holding ground. In addition, the project will also train ministry staff on animal production and research and data management. Furthermore, the project will also improve the capacity of the livestock disease surveillance and control by strengthening the disease reporting focal points in all the regions of Somaliland.
The SDF Secretariat is therefore seeking the services of a Senior Animal Production Expert to support the MoLFD in the conducting necessary preliminary consultations, assessments and development of a full project proposal as per the SDF approved proposal format. The Senior Expert will be supported by a National Civil Engineer.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
* Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English; and
* Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
* Extensive previous experience (minimum 12 years) in implementing Animal Production/improvement projects in arid and semi-arid lands;
* Proven understanding of Project Cycle Management (PCM), Logical Framework Approach (LFA);
* Experience in conducting feasibility appraisal for animal production/health Arid and Semi-Arid areas in Africa; and
* Demonstrated understanding of contribution of the livestock sector to economic development.
* At least 8 years’ experience in designing and supervising/managing projects related to animal production and or health in fragile and conflict affected country(s);
* Designed and wrote at least one project proposal for focusing on animal production in the last three years;
* Conducted at least one feasibility or prefeasibility study for animal production in the last three years; and
* Experience with establishment of large scale fodder production units.
How to apply
Full Terms of Reference can be downloaded here.
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland and International Candidates.
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.