Invitation for Applications
|Project Holder||Ministry of Water Development|
|Project||Water Resource Development|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2|
|IFA Title||Project Driver - 3 positions|
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018 – 2023. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development programme. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The SDF has allocated funds for implementation of a transition project implemented by the Ministry of Water Development (MoWD) as a Project Holder. A portion of the funding to the project wlll be spent on recruitment of three Project Drivers.
The Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat on behalf of the Project Holder now invites applications from qualified drivers for the above positions. The Project Drivers will be based in Las Anod (1), Borama (1), and Hargeisa (1).
Required qualifications, skills and experience
* Have a valid driving license;
* Basic motor vehicle mechanical skills would be an advantage;
* Over 6 years of accident free driving experience, 3 of which must have been spent driving four wheel drive manual gear vehicles;
* Willingness to drive a project vehicle to all regions of Somaliland;
* Ability to communicate in English;
* Good interpersonal skills;
* To be culturally sensitive and good in character and integrity;
* Respectful and flexible with working hours;
* Remain sober at all times; and
* First Aid Course would be an added advantage.
How to apply
A detailed Job Description can be found here.
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland Nationals only.
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.