Invitation for Applications
|Project Holder||Ministry of Water Development|
|Project||Water Resources Development - Construction of Borama Water Supply System|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2|
|IFA Title||Resident Engineer - Borama Water Supply System|
|Location||Borama - with travel to Hargeisa for project meetings|
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018 – 2023. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development programme. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
As part of SDF2 projects, the Ministry of Water Development has been allocated funds for Borama Water Supply System Construction. The project intends to use a part of the funding to engage the services of a Resident Engineer for a period of 12 months.
The Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat, on behalf of the MoWD, now invites applications from qualified professionals for this position.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
* A Masters’ degree in Civil Engineering or Water Engineering;
* Experience of working on donor funded projects;
* Registered with the professional bodies in the home country and a recognized Engineering body;
* Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English; and
* Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
* A minimum of 12 years of experience in implementation/supervision of urban or large rural water supply systems;
* Experience with water supply projects within East and Horn of Africa; and
* Proficiency in use of basic computer software such as MS Access, Excel, Word, Power point, and water modelling software such as AutoCAD and EPANET.
* A minimum of 5 years of experience as Resident Engineer in large urban water supply projects of similar size and complexity;
* A minimum of 2 projects (>1mln value) completed as a Resident Engineer; and
* At least 5 years demonstrable experience in contract management and dealing with contractors/IPs.
How to apply
Full Terms of Reference can be found here.
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland and International Candidates.
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.