Invitation for Applications
|Project Holder||Ministries and Agencies|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2|
|IFA Title||Project Driver(s)|
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2023. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development programme. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The SDF intends to allocate funds to various Ministries and Agencies, as Project Holder(s), for the implementation of multiple projects. The projects are expected to commence in February 2020 for a duration of 2 to 4 years depending on the project. The SDF Secretariat is therefore seeking the services of drivers for these projects. Depending on the project, the driver(s) will be based in Las Anod, Borama, Hargeisa, Erigavo and Maydh or any other project location. Please note that the awarding of the contract is subject to the condition of final approval of the project by the SDF Joint Steering Committee. If the precedent condition is not met, the SDF Secretariat will either abandon the procurement or cancel the award procedure without the candidates or tenderers being entitled to claim any compensation.
The Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat on behalf of the Project Holder(s) now invites applications from qualified drivers to apply for the above positions.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
* Have a valid driving license;
* Have basic motor vehicle mechanical skills;
* Have over 6 years of accident free driving experience, 3 of which must have been spent driving four-wheel drive manual gear vehicles;
* Have willingness to drive a project vehicle to all regions of Somaliland;
* Have ability to communicate in English;
* Have good interpersonal skills;
* Be culturally sensitive and good in character and integrity;
* Be respectful and flexible with working hours;
* Remain sober at all times; and
* Have participated in a First Aid Course - would be an added advantage.
A detailed Job Description can be found here.
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland Nationals only.
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.