Individual consultant for Conducting Environmental and Social Impact Assessment in Aroori Livestock Holding Ground, Toghdeer Region, Ministry of Livestock, Somaliland
The Somaliland Development Fund (SDF) is a 4 - year fund designed to support the Government of Somaliland (GoSL) filling a critical gap supporting projects that are fully aligned to the National Development Plan (NDP). SDF is currently funded by the Department for International Development (DFID), the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA) and the Norwegian Government (Norway). The SDF has allocated funding to Livestock Holding Grounds Project in Somaliland implemented by the Ministry of Livestock and intends to use a part of the funding for Conducting Environmental and Social Impact Assessment in Aroori Livestock Holding Ground located in Toghdeer region of Somaliland.
The Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat now invites applications from qualified Individual Consultants to provide the above services.
Qualifications and skills
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Environmental engineering, Agricultural, Livestock or Veterinary Science, Rural Development;
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English;
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills, excellent drafting skills.
- General professional experience
- Minimum of 10 years' experience working at a senior level implementing development projects with a strong rangeland improvement component in Somaliland and /or similar ecological environments;
- Experience with public or non - profit sector clients; and
- Experience with livestock export or quarantine requirements will be an added advantage.
Specific professional experience
- Demonstrated experience (minimum of 8 years) in conducting environmental impact assessments, evaluations in the development sector in Africa. Experience in Somaliland or similar ecological environments will be an added advantage; and
- At least 5 years practical experience in rangeland improvement including water harvesting techniques, erosion control, re-seeding, water dams, grazing reserves with fencing, fodder conservation, fodder production, drought mitigation measures.
How to apply
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for the this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland and International Candidates.
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply