Invitation for Applications
|Project Holder||Ministry of Health|
|Project||Sool and Sanaag Health Project|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund|
|IFA Title||Senior Nurse - 1 Position|
The Somaliland Development Fund (SDF) is a 4 - year fund designed to support the Government of Somaliland (GoSL) filling a critical gap supporting projects that are fully aligned to the National Development Plan (NDP). SDF is currently funded by the Department for International Development (DFID), the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA), Norwegian Embassy and the Netherlands. The SDF has allocated funding for implementation of the Sool and Health Project implemented by the Ministry of Health in Somaliland. The Ministry intends to use part of the funding to engage the services of a Senior Nurse to the project for a period of 6 months.
The Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat on behalf of the Ministry of Health now invites applications from qualified health professionals for the above position. The position will be based at Las Anod Hospital, Sool Region.
Qualifications and skills
- At least a bachelors’ degree in nursing;
- Fluency in English and Somali is essential.
- Proven facilitation, analytical and report writing skills.
General professional experience
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working in senior clinical nursing management position in the secondary health sector in emerging countries.
- Specific work experience in East and Horn of Africa context is required. Work experience in Somaliland is an added advantage.
Specific professional experience
- Demonstrated experience setting up nursing services in a peripheral hospital.
- Minimum of 3 years of proven hands-on experience in the management of district or regional hospitals’ nursing services, including working in remote areas
- Experienced in training and capacity building and imparting hands and formal training.
How to apply
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for the this position.
This role is open to Somaliland Nationals only. Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply