Invitation for Applications
|Project Holder||Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries Development|
|Project||Strengthening Animal Production and Health Services|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund|
|IFA Title||National Civil Engineer|
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018 – 2023. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development programme. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries Development (MoLFD) has developed a Project Concept Note for a project on Strengthening Animal Production and Health Services. The project will specifically establish one livestock holding ground by fencing an area of 10x10 in Ilaan, Sanaag for fodder production and expanding the fodder production in the previously established Aroori livestock holding ground. In addition, the project will also train ministry staff on animal production and research and data management. Furthermore, the project will also improve the capacity of the livestock disease surveillance and control by strengthening the disease reporting focal points in all the regions of Somaliland.
The SDF Secretariat is therefore seeking the services of a National Civil Engineer to support the Senior Animal Production Expert in the conducting necessary preliminary consultations, assessments and development of a full project proposal as per the SDF approved proposal format for MoLFD.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
* At least bachelor’s degree Civil or Technology Engineering;
* Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English. Fluency in Somali will be an added advantage although not essential; and
* Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
* Minimum of 10 years' experience working at a senior level in the designing, implementing/supervising construction projects in Somaliland.
* Evidence of at least 3 similar assignments in the last three years involving needs assessment and design of water harvesting infrastructure or buildings construction projects complete with detailed designs, BoQs and technical specifications; and
* Ability to use engineering software such as AutoCAD and others.
How to apply
Full Terms of Reference can be downloaded here.
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland Candidates only.
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.