Invitation for Applications
|Project Holder||Ministry of Water Development|
|Project||Water Resources Development|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2|
|IFA Title||Project Administrator|
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018 – 2023. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development programme. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The SDF has allocated funds for implementation of this project implemented by the Ministry of Water Development (MoWD) as Project Holder. A portion of the funding to the project wlll be spent on recruitment of one Project Administrator.
The Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat, on behalf of the MoWD, now invites applications from qualified professionals for the above position. The Project Administrator will be based at the Project Management Team office at the MoWD in Hargeisa.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
* Minimum 5 years demonstrated administration functions experience with the UN, International NGOs, and Development Projects;
* Proven experience in general administration, finance, procurement, security and transport;
* Energetic and able to work independently with high sense of responsibility;
* Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English;
* Proven interpersonal and diplomatic skills; and
* Understanding of how government systems in Somaliland work.
How to apply
A detailed Job Description can be found here.
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland Nationals only.
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.