Invitation for Applications
|Project Holder||Hargeisa Water Agency|
|Project||Increasing Water Production from Laasdhure Aquifer and Connecting to Existing System at NGDPS|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2|
|IFA Title||Long Term Technical Advisor|
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2022. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development programme. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The SDF has allocated funds to Hargeisa Water Agency for the implementation of the Increasing Water Production from Laasdhure Aquifer and Connecting to Existing System at New Geed Deeble Pumping Station (NGDPS) Project. The project contains four major components: capacity development for HWA, community engagement, drilling of 4-6 boreholes and connecting them to the NGDPS, and conducting of three requisite water sector studies.
The SDF Secretariat is therefore seeking the services of a Long-Term Technical Advisor (TA) to work in the Project Management Team to support and advise the HWA on various technical matters for smooth implementation of the project on a day to day basis.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
Qualifications and skills
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Water Supply Engineering or Civil Engineering;
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field;
- Demonstrated experience with AutoCAD or other computer-aided design software;
- Demonstrated experience with water distribution systems design and analysis software;
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English; and
- Proven facilitation, analytical and report writing skills.
General professional experience
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrated experience working at a senior level in project management, including on financial and physical progress monitoring and reporting;
- Minimum 7 years of demonstrated experience with donor-funded projects;
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience in working for a public sector client;
- Proven understanding and demonstrated application of Project Cycle Management (PCM), Logical Framework Approach (LFA), Theory of Change (ToC), Value for Money (VfM), Procurement Planning, and Financial Management;
- Demonstrated understanding of the contribution of the water sub-sector to the economic development;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively within a cross-functional team, fast-paced, and deadline-driven environment and proven capacity to supervise, train and coach team; and
- Proven understanding of and experience with conflict sensitivity, environmental impact, and gender equity and social inclusion programming.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum 7 years of demonstrated experience in a management and supervisory role in the implementation of urban or peri-urban water supply settings;
- Proven experience in managing at least two similar water supply projects in the last 5 years;
- As part of the selection process, TA candidates will be requested to provide examples of verifiable project reports from their most recent or relevant assignments. Links to reports which are available online can be provided as part of the application.
Detailed Terms of Reference can be found here.
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This consultancy is open to Somaliland and International candidates.
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.